DragonHacks is Drexel University's 24-hour hackathon which will be hosted by Drexel University IEEE on Saturday, April 17th and 18th virtually. The 2021 edition is bringing the brightest minds of the world's best schools to spend 24 hours to create ground breaking new products from scratch from the safe environment of their homes!
Hacking begins at 2:00 PM (EST) on Saturday, April 17th right after the opening ceremony and ends at 2:00 PM (EST) on Sunday, April 18th. You must submit your project on Devpost in order to be eligible for prizes and must also demonstrate your project.
Despite the impact of the pandemic, we are making efforts to make the event experience as close to the on-site hackathon as possible. There will be virtual meet-ups, team building events, tech talks and workshops, and a number of fun events as well in the course of the 24 hours on our virtual venue platform, Gather.
· Each team can have a maximum of 4 members.
· You must be 18 years or above to participate at the event. Keep your ID handy.
· You must check-in at the ‘Registration’ area after spawning at the event space.
· The project should not be offensive to any particular entity, religion, race or sex.
· You must positively register your team/project on Devpost by 10 PM on Saturday, April 17th.
· Sponsors and judges must be shown respect and appropriate behavior.
· We will use Devpost for project submissions online (link becomes active close to the event): https://dragonhacks-2021.devpost.com
· You must at least, register your tentative project name/team name on Devpost for DragonHacks 2021 by 10 PM on Saturday, April 17th to be eligible for the competition. Don’t worry, you can always come back and edit your submission at any time before the hacking ends.
· Before the final submission on your project on Sunday, April 18th, make sure to opt for any or all of the categories you would like your project to be considered for (ex. Best hardware hack, etc.).
$5,650 in prizes
Winner - 1st Choice Pick
The Grand Prize will be given to the team with the best overall hack. Each member of the winning team will have 1st choice of prizes from the prize pool. In addition, the winning team will each get a Families membership for 1 year free from 1Password.
2nd Place - 2nd Choice Pick
The second place prize will be given to the first runners-up. Team members will have the 2nd choice of prizes from the prize pool.
3rd Place - 3rd Choice Pick
The third place prize will be given to the second runners-up. Team members will have the 3rd choice of prizes from the prize pool.
The Organizers' Choice Award will be given to the team organizers deem the best. Team members will have the 4th choice of prizes from the prize pool.
Best Hardware Hack
Hack that makes use of hardware in the most unique way. Prize: CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 4GB Starter PRO Kit - 4GB RAM (for each member)
Best Hack for Social Good
Hack that has the most noble thought behind it. Prize: All-new Echo Dot (4th Gen) + Amazon Smart Plug | Charcoal (for every member)
Best Entertainment Hack
Hack that entertains, or makes one laugh, or lets one get rid of boredom, or promotes one's fun-loving spirit! Have fun with this one.
Prize: JBL FLIP 5, Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Black (New Model) (for every member)
Best Outdoor Hack
Hack that gets one to step outside from the comfort of home. To explore, to be one with nature, to travel, or to simply stay fit!
Prize: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 (40mm, GPS, Bluetooth) (for every member)
Best AR/VR Hack (powered by echoAR)
Prize: $50 Amazon gift card (per team)
Best Financial Hack (Vanguard)
Prize: $50 Amazon gift card (for every member)
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Organizers, Drexel IEEE Graduate, and Sponsors